Clan Macpherson Museum
This page is also the gateway to a several publications relating to Clan Macpherson that are not readily available:
- Alexander Macpherson's Glimpses of Church and Social Life in the Highlands in Olden Times
- Alan G Macpherson's Macphersons Arriving in Victoria, 1840-1865
- Alexander MacBain's Lordship of Badenoch
- Sobieski Stuarts' Battle of Invernahaven
- William Forbes Skene's The Highlanders of Scotland
- Some Macpherson-related papers of Prof. Alan G. Macpherson. Dr Alan G. Macpherson, Professor Emeritus of Memorial University of Newfoundland is also the seanachaidh (clan historian) of the Clan Macpherson. Over his long and distinguished career he has published many learned papers and books on various aspects of the Clan Macpherson. Through his kind permission we are now able to republish several of his papers that have appeared in journals other than Creag Dhubh over the years.
- The Invereshie Book is a unique Clan Treasure. It is a hand written and leather bound book that gives details of individual branches of the Macpherson family and includes accounts of clan battles. This is an electronic version, transcribed from the original by Shelagh Macpherson Noble.
- Creag Dhubh index. An index of article titles in Creag Dhubh from issue 1 to issue 63. We have Margaret Hambleton of Edinburgh to thank for maintaining this index over many years.
- Creag Dhubh #15 1963. An edition of Creag Dhubh that focussed on the Macpherson House and Museum. NB This is a large file (20 Mbytes) because it is at full print resolution
- Extract from Creag Dhubh #49 1997. This gives a source for the surname Gillies and similar.
Please Note: The material appearing on this website is copyright by the Trustees of the Clan Macpherson Museum Trust or by the authors. Copying any of these materials without the written permission of the Chairman of the Trustees is strictly prohibited.