Telephone/Fax: 44 (0)1540 673332
The museum is located at the junction of the
A86 Fort William Road and B9150 Perth Road, open 1 April to 31 October.
Monday-Saturday 10.00am-5.00pm; Sunday 12.00pm-5.00pm.
An appointment may be made to visit out of normal hours
by special arrangement with the Curator. Admission is free, but donations in
the collection boxes are most welcome. Assisted Wheelchair Access is certified
by Visit Scotland. Disabled facilities include access, parking and toilets. The
entire exhibition is at ground floor level. Arrangements to view items not on
display may be made by prior appointment with the Curator.
For those who cannot get to Newtonmore, an 'electronic'
representation of the physical Museum (the MEM, or Macpherson Electronic
Museum) is available in virtual mode from this page. Its principal purpose is
to permit the Clan Macpherson members living in far-flung places around the
globe to learn more about their heritage.
The MEM was concieved and implemented by Rod
Clarke, a stalwart supporter of the Museum over many years. The Trustees and
the Association would like to express their heartfelt thanks to him for this
The Clan Macpherson Museum is owned and run by a
registered charity, the Clan Macpherson Museum Trust (registered in Scotland,
charity number SC020005). Visitors making use of the Museum either in
Newtonmore or via the Web) for research and similar purposes are encouraged to
consider making a donation to the Trust. Please send your donation to the Hon.
Treasurer, details for whom can be found on the
Association Officers page
We are proud to be a Scottish Tourist Board Four Star
Museum, Assisted Wheelchair Access Registered and an Accredited Museum